Inside IRISES, the Bulletin of The American Iris Society
Here's the scoop: this is a wonderful issue of Irises, and if you can, as much as possible, you should share this delight with your friends and family. If you are receiving this via Facebook, be sure to click on the link to see the original blog post, you'll be glad you did. The front cover, a picture of 'Cajun Rhythm' that Rene Fraser took at her Southern California garden is spectacular. I don't really know how anyone looking at it cannot be moved. Also, if you click on the blog post you will see a much larger picture than you would on Facebook.
- Front cover: a delicious picture of 'Cajun Rhythm' (Schreiner's 1996) taken by our own blogger Renee Fraser
- My Favorite Irises by Nyla Hughes
- Double, Double, Toyle and Trouble by Bob Hollingsworth (an expanded article that originally appeared in this blog)
- Planting Combinations: Irises in the Garden by Renee Fraser, Debbie Hughes and Brenda Fox (also an expanded article that orignally appeared on this blog)
- An Iris Lover: Twenty-five Years on My Knees by Hybridizer Marky Smith
- The Wonderful Wizard of Auz: A Week at Tempo Two with Barry Blyth by LLee Heflin
- 2011 AIS Photo Contest Winners
- 2011 Tall Bearded Iris Symposium (popularity list)
And much, much more, such as:
Lots and lots of full-color pictures
Information on the 2012 Annual Convention at Ontario, CA
AIS President's letter Judith Keisling
IRISES' Editor letter Kelley D. Norris
Milestones, Remembering Salt-of-the Earth Members, and Sections Happenings by Jim Morris
Youth Views by Cheryl Deaton
American Iris Society members registered for e-membership already have access to this great issue via our website, and for those who receive it via mail, the issue is on its way.
Be sure to give us your feedback, comments and article recommendations in the Comments section below, via Facebook, or write to us.
The American Iris Society
Social Media Manager