Monday, May 24, 2021

Monday and Irises

What happens when the scheduled post does not arrive? That is always a concern for the editor and usually I have some backup pieces to use, but today...

It also forces me to reflect on my time as editor since that time is coming to a close. Much as I have tired to find writers, I have not found people to write about spurias and Siberians.

One of the areas where I have failed totally is to find authors for Siberian irises. Today we will take a look backward with a reprint about Siberians. 

My thanks to Mike Unser for this photo Essay: The Beauty of Siberian Irises. Click on the link to take you to the lovely series of images.


2 comments:

  1. Well, there aren't many people with the same passion for Siberians and Spurias as there are for tall bearded irises. It's not a failure, it's a reflection of popularity. Spurias and Siberians don't take to being ripped from the soil and shipped across country bare root like bearded irises either, which makes them more difficult to trade.
    That said, if I could grow Siberians here in Southern California the landscaping in my front yard and pond surround would be spectacular. Thanks to Mike for the gorgeous photos!

    ReplyDelete