Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Garden Visit: Pacific Coast Iris at Leonine Iris Gardens, Pt.3

By Mike Unser

Here are more photos from my visit Leonine Iris in Skyway, WA, where I saw an amazing array of Pacific Coast Irises (PCI). Bob Seaman has created a beautiful garden on this small city lot and has specialized in PCIs since 2009. He has over 240 varieties, as well as a smattering of bearded irises and misc. other species, tucked into every corner, making excellent use of the small space. We were lucky to be there on a beautiful day when the sun was shining and the flowers - and visitors - were soaking it up. The following are some of my favorite blooms that I saw that day. Today I highlight some luscious pinks, reds, violets and blended color tones. Check back tomorrow to see more. Hope you enjoy them.

































1 comment: